Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Completing the Vacuum Reservoir


Upon returning from Home Depot, I broke out the pvc glue and went to town. The new reservoir would have a piece of 2" pvc in the center. This allows the entire contraption to fit nicely in front of the battery box and behind the vertical bracket that the power steering cooling assembly was attached to. I drilled and tapped the end cap with the 2 hose barbs as before. Once the glue was dry, I showed it to my son and introduced it as the "Sword of Doom" from World of Warcraft. He plays the game, but somehow the humor was lost somewhere in the whole swinging it around and laughing a wicked laugh. Oh well. Back in reality, I installed it and connected the two hoses as seen in the photos. The 3/8" hose goes to a "T" that connects to the pump and pressure switch, the other side connects to the power brake booster. The 1/4" hose connects to a coupler that runs through the firewall to the hvac controls. All done less the test. I slowly turned the key to the "on" position and waited with anticipation for the pump to kick off. After about 30 seconds, it stopped. I ran the hvac control through all the positions, listening for the change in airflow through the vents. All good. Then a couple of test pushes on the brake pedal. All good. It took a few times before the pump kicked on again. I think I can sign this one off.....done.....now to keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment