Monday, March 9, 2009

Low voltage wiring


I can't wait to ride the new Small World ride....oops wrong blog, sorry! The date was 2-14-09 and it was time to begin running wires. I started with the wires to actuate the main contactor, ground and +12 to the pot plate. Next were the wires between the control box and the motor controller. More wires to the pot plate and run 2 wires from the ammeter shunt to the firewall entry opening. I needed to find some key switched 12v for the vacuum pump and the control circuits. I used the old fuel pump circuit for the vacuum pump and a wire at the windshield wiper motor for the other switched 12v. This one was suggested to me by Mark Hazen and worked well. You probably get the picture by now...lots of wires going all over the place. I attempted to use different colors for everything in order to keep organized. The dc to dc converter was the next item to be wired and finishing up with the vacuum pump wiring and relay. When everything was run, I used split flex tubing and tie wraps to make everything nice and neat. You may notice a large mass of wires in a couple places in the photos close to the firewall and low. These are the wires that previously went to the engine and all the sensors. I cut all these wires off and tucked them back into the flex tubing, adding a little electrical tape over the spot. Photos of this to come in a later post. Good progress under the hood...more to come! Keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment