Monday, March 2, 2009

Purchasing the Chevy S10


This is my first post for my S-10 EV conversion already in progress. I spent some time searching Craig's List for the perfect truck. I purchased the truck from a gentleman who was towing a boat and the engine blew a head gasket or warped the head, not sure which. I didn't need the engine, so that was fine. The truck was a 1997 Chevy S10 with a 2.2 L engine, pwr brakes, pwr steering, a/c, 5 speed transmission. Most of this will change in the course of the conversion. The date was Nov 23rd, 2008. My son drove the truck to my house, stopping to fill the radiator multiple times and steam trailing the truck. It looked like an old locomotive going down the highway. He commented, "There was so much steam in the cab, I couldn't see where I was going." Luckily he made it all the way alive and without a tow truck. The truck died several times during the journey, but always started again after a few minutes. It gave up the ghost at the house and was never to be started again. Say goodbye to the ICE. (Internal Combustion Engine)
"Goodbye ICE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment