Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lots of progress!!


Welcome to the weekend of 2/8/09! A very productive one indeed. The first few photos show the motor with all the mounts secured and the vertical steel brackets for the motor controller and the dc to dc converter. Next up was the mounting of the main contactor electrical box. I mounted this to the firewall as seen in the photo. The main contactor is mounted to the box by drilling 2 holes in the top and inserting the contactor bolts through the holes and using the attached nuts to secure it. I had some help and advice with this from Mark Hazen at http://www.evhelp.com/ Check it out! And while I am giving credit, a lot of my S-10 conversion is patterned after his S-10 conversion, and he has been a tremendous help as I have progressed. The motor controller and control box I am using are manufactured by Mark.
Next, I put on the cover of the main contactor box and attached the control box to this. This is complete until wiring begins. The motor controller was then mounted to the vertical steel bracket on the passenger side. Moving across to the other bracket, I mounted the dc to dc converter. I set the battery rack in the truck to look at clearances and all looks well. I will mount this at a later date. I then mounted the pot plate using a metal bracket to the a/c housing. Throttle cable connected, ready to go. Last but not least, I mounted the vacuum pump as shown in the last photo. The pump will enable me to keep my power brakes. None of the hoses were run at this time, I am saving this for another time. Whew! I accomplished quite a bit...time to take a break!!

No comments:

Post a Comment